Monday, October 12, 2009

More bike-train synergy

Mt Albert - Greenlane via bike; then to Otahuhu by train; riding to Otahuhu shops and back; then train to Newmarket, thus home.

I think I pushed the capability of the battery to just about its limits, but I was happy with that. I don't think I'll try the Greenlane route rather than the Newmarket route in future - I was thinking to avoid the New North Road hill, but I forgot there's a megabitch of a rise on Balmoral Road before you get to Mt Eden Road. (As to train, hopefully after Western Line double-tracking is complete, the train will be useful for me to get to Newmarket as well.)

But man alive, that Otahuhu railway station is seven kinds of dump. Considering that it's the main interchange between Southern and Eastern lines, it needs a facelift and fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment