Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Increased range

Considering that the old bike had an estimated range of 20 kilometres all up, I am assuming that the new bike has a range of 30 kilometres all up. Google Maps informs me that my range on my bicycle alone now covers:

a) all of the current Auckland City;
b) western Auckland as far as the foothills of the Waitakere ranges;
c) the westernmost parts of Pakuranga;
d) in South Auckland, all of Mangere and Otahuhu.

Add to that bicycle capability to go on trains and ferries, and the range suddenly expands to the entire Auckland region. The ferry to Devonport puts the entire North Shore in my range (even to North Harbour Stadium!); the train to Panmure puts all of Botany/East Auckland in my range; the Southern line train means I can get to all of the southern suburbs (with the possible exception of Pukekohe during weekends); and the Western train means I can get all the way to Bethells Beach on the west coast. Now that's a good picnic idea for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment