Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What I do when I'm not cycling...

... I car-share. I pay a fee of $95 a year, and I can pick up a car for $15 an hour. This is ideal considering that I only ever need a car for (a) special-occasion excursions; (b) getting my musical gear to gigs. I absolutely love the Mitsubishi i-car which Cityhop provides. If they ever make an electric one of those (EDIT: oh wait, they have!), it would be the car I would love to drive (that or a new-model VW Beetle). And apparently I'm not the only cyclist in this position.

I really should keep posting here more often. The 705se is working very very well. I had a bit of a (non-cycling) accident recently, and I've used a combination of the bike and the Auckland train system to get efficiently from Grey Lynn to the Manukau SuperClinic. The only real downside I'm finding is that such a heavy bike, going at a decent speed, tends to stretch out the cables on the calliper brakes quite quickly. I do hear the most recent models have disc brakes, but I'm definitely not going to upgrade the bike again any time soon. And I have to remember to not go full-bore speed on rainy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment